Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
UPDATE: Richard Green, 23, charged after young woman stabbed in Abbey Wood
A 23-YEAR-OLD man has been charged after a young woman was stabbed in Abbey Wood.
Emergency services were called to an address in Abbey Road at 1.55am on Tuesday (October 15) to reports of a woman in her 20s suffering from a three-inch slash wound.
Doctors from London’s Air Ambulance and London Ambulance Service (LAS) paramedics treated her at the scene before she was rushed to a trauma hospital in London.
Officers arrested Richard Green, of Sevenoaks, yesterday (October 20) and charged him with common assault in relation to the incident.
He was due to appear at Bexley Magistrates Court today.
LAS confirmed they sent a single responder in a car, a duty officer and an ambulance crew to Abbey Road after receiving the 999 call, as well as the team from the air ambulance.
The air ambulance crew travel by car to the scene of emergencies at night time, as it is too dangerous for the helicopter to land.
- Greenwich parents urged to sign kids up for free school meals
- Abbey Wood De Lucy Primary School to be expanded in £3.5m scheme
- John Ball School in Blackheath rated outstanding by inspectors
- Bromley Bilingual Primary School set to open in September 2014
- Bromley College awards celebrate student successes