Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
QUIZ: Would you recognise a venomous false widow spider?
IF YOU found a spider hiding in your home, would you be able to tell straight away if it was a venomous false widow?
News Shopper has previously reported how hundreds of the bitey little critters have been spotted in homes across south London and north Kent, as shown on our spider map.
We have spoken to a tattooist who was hospitalised after being bitten by a false widow as he slept at his home in Sidcup and a Blackheath father whose “hairs stood on the back of his neck” when he saw one of the mites crawling towards his six-month-old son.
But can you tell the difference between a large house spider and a false widow?
Here are five pictures sent in by readers of scary looking spiders in their homes – but which one is the false widow?
Cast your vote below.
- Flood warning for Gravesend and Thames Barrier to close to protect London
- Beckenham residents incensed by fly-tippers as council refuses to clear up mess
- Bellingham's Green Man pub gets new lease of life as Phoenix hub
- Lewisham mayor backs 94 new council homes in New Cross, Blackheath and Forest Hill
- Dartford MP Gareth Johnson 'saddened' by Waitrose's confirmed closure
Comments are closed on this article.