Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Mystery of Bromley ghost solved
HAVE you recently encountered a ghostly figure with a halo walking around Bromley?
After Eric Rush came across this haunting figure near St Luke's Cemetery in Magpie Hall Lane, he thought he had come face to face with a phantom.
However the Willow Close resident revealed there is a logical explanation for the terrifying vision.
He said: "The image is a Brocken spectre, usually seen on mountains, caused when the sun is directly behind you and your shadow falls on cloud below.
"In this case the rising sun cast a shadow on to the low mist in the park, creating the ghostly figure."
MORE STORIES FROM OUR WEIRD NEWS SECTION:
- 16 strangest driving laws on Earth to mark day when traffic lights first appeared
- Video: Watch all your favourite Christmas films in two-minute supercut
- Crystal Palace to stay up, aliens tell Bromley woman who 'used to be Joan of Arc'
- Doctor Who's adventures in time and space: Where would you go in the Tardis?
- UPDATE: Hewitts Roundabout runaway pig has been returned to animal sanctuary
Comments are closed on this article.