Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Two men held over murder of Chislehurst teacher Lauren Patterson
TWO men have reportedly been arrested for the murder of Chislehurst teacher Lauren Patterson.
The 24-year-old, who is believed to have attended Langley Park School for Girls, was working as a primary school teacher in Doha, Qatar.
She returned there from the UK last Friday (October 11) after attending her grandmother's funeral.
Friends say she was last seen outside the five star La Cigale Hotel around 1.20am on Saturday morning.
After a search for her whereabouts went viral her mother, Alison Patterson, and boyfriend, James Grima, took to Facebook to confirm she had died and pay tribute, amid unconfirmed reports a body had been found.
And according to reports in national papers, two men, said to be locals, were detained by police yesterday (October 15).
The Foreign Office said it was aware of reports a body had been discovered, but could not comment further.
A spokesman said: "We are aware of a British national, Lauren Patterson, reported missing in Qatar.
"We are providing the family with consular assistance."
It is understood Lauren's mother has flown to Doha to help police formally identify her daughter's body.
- Nightmare before Christmas - are outdoor lights and decorations a delight or an eyesore?
- 10 facts about Sir Francis Drake and his circumnavigation of the globe
- Greenwich parents urged to sign kids up for free school meals
- TOWIE star Chloe Sims on Christmas with Joey Essex and New Year's resolutions ahead of Bluewater appearance
- Swancombe residents breathe a sigh of relief at Thames crossing decision