Jury picked for trial of Eltham man charged with murdering brother after funeral (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Jury picked for trial of Eltham man charged with murdering brother after funeral
A JURY has been sworn in for the trial of an Eltham man accused of murdering his brother after a funeral.
Mark Hayes, aged 52, is accused of stabbing his 48-year-old brother Shaun to death at the family home in Eltham Green Road on April 27.
A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as a stab wound to the chest and abdomen.
Hayes denied murder when he appeared via videolink at the Old Bailey on August 6.
His trial is due to start at the same court tomorrow (October 16).
- Gravesend residents prepared themselves for flooding which never came
- North Kent storm surge: Recap of live blog for Greenhithe and Gravesend flood warnings
- PubSpy reviews The Foresters Arms, Gravesend
- Lewisham pupils collect cash, clothes and blankets for Philippines after Typhoon Haiyan
- Bexleyheath and Crayford MP David Evennett praises Budget for businesses