Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Dartford sets town records for business creation, say new figures
DARTFORD is setting town records for business creation, according to new figures.
In the second quarter of this year from April to June, 239 companies started up – a record for any quarter in the town’s history and a 15 per cent increase on the same period last year.
The figures from Companies House collated by Duport show a rise in net company growth – the number of company formations minus the number of company closures – during the second quarter of the year.
But the overall number of companies closed from January to June also rose by nearly 11 per cent with 272 shutting down compared to 246 in the same period in 2012.
Dartford MP Gareth Johnson claimed the figures showed a growth in business confidence.
He said: "This is very welcome news. Back in 2009 Dartford had more companies close down than open and it also saw a record number of companies in the constituency close.
"This contrasts with 2012 which saw a record number of businesses open. The news for 2013 is positive too."
- Five-fingered Welling cat gives family paws for thought after seven months on the run
- Blazing scene of a Gravesend sunset
- Trio on trial for perverting course of justice after Dartford takeaway manslaughter
- Abbey Wood De Lucy Primary School to be expanded in £3.5m scheme
- Fake workmen put up false signs and steal paving stones in Eynsford
Comments are closed on this article.