Catford man suffers burns in house blaze

News Shopper: Catford man suffers burns in house blaze Catford man suffers burns in house blaze

A CATFORD man was taken to hospital with burns following a house fire on Saturday (October 12).

He had escaped the Torridon Road blaze but was left with smoke inhalation and minor burns, and was taken to hospital by paramedics.

The fire is believed to have been caused by a lamp in the loft area, which was left too close to flammable materials.

Four fire engines and 21 firefighters and officers went to the scene from Lewisham, Lee Green, Forest Hill, and Downham fire stations.

The Brigade was called at 6.48am and the fire was under control by 11.55am.

Half of a loft conversion along with the roof of the terraced house, were damaged in the incident.

A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said: ""Very bright lights, such as halogen lamps, can get incredibly hot. It’s best to keep them well away from anything that might catch fire, such as clothing. Always turn them off when you leave the room."

Comments (3)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:07pm Mon 14 Oct 13

molsey says...

Halogen lamp in the loft, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
Halogen lamp in the loft, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? molsey
  • Score: -3

10:38am Tue 15 Oct 13

Gypo.Joe says...

The hydroponics gave the game away.
The hydroponics gave the game away. Gypo.Joe
  • Score: -1

11:50am Tue 15 Oct 13

molsey says...

Gypo.Joe wrote:
The hydroponics gave the game away.
Na, they was just pots pans catching raindrops.
[quote][p][bold]Gypo.Joe[/bold] wrote: The hydroponics gave the game away.[/p][/quote]Na, they was just pots pans catching raindrops. molsey
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree