Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Blackfen School for Girls welcomes former pupils and young sweethearts for reunion tea
A BLACKFEN school reunion welcomed two former pupils who were once young sweethearts – despite their paths never crossing in the playground.
Doreen Batchelder, 84, met husband Ken, 85, when the pair were 20 and 21 at a youth club in Bexley Woods.
Prior to that they both attended Blackfen School for Girls when it used to take boys below sixth form but as Mr Batchelder was in the year above the pair didn’t come across each other until later in life.
The Blackfen Road school held a harvest tea on October 3 attended by around 40 friends of the school who enjoyed light entertainment from students and a sing along to some classic old tunes.
Mrs Batchelder said: "They are very good there and they always give us a list of what is going on at the school.
"It was a lovely day out."
Old Blackfenians are encouraged to join the school’s network of former pupils by visiting blackfenschoolforgirls.co.uk or contacting the school for a paper form.
- PICTURED: Met Police helicopter captures stunning images of London in the fog
- Man who stabbed himself in Sidcup dies in hospital
- X FACTOR: Sam Bailey's to duet with axed Tamera Foster's mentor Nicole Scherzinger
- Midnight trading comes to Kent ahead of Christmas rush
- Feeding tips for garden birds facing battle for survival over winter months
Comments are closed on this article.