Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Bellydancers become breast friends at bring-a-bra charity party in Lee
A BELLYDANCING “sisterhood” became breast friends at a bra-collecting party in Lee.
Around 100 bras were donated at the tea party in Thornwood Road towards Breast Cancer Campaign’s bra bank as part of breast cancer awareness month on October 6.
Bellydancers Nina Lubowitz and Charlene Henderson hosted the event – where each woman was given a private bra fitting –with friends from exotic dance class Hipsinc based in Forest Hill and Bromley.
Ms Henderson, 31, who lives off Stanstead Road, said: “It went really well. We enjoyed having our photographs taken.
“The majority of the ladies were in the wrong bra. The back was too big and all were actually a cup size bigger.
“Myself and Nina make costumes for dancers and they are often in the wrong size.”
The group also raised cash for breast cancer charity Just Because which helps women in Egypt - the homeland of bellydancing.
The mother-of-two who has been bellydancing for four years, added: “It was more than just the dancing, it became like a sisterhood.
“I had more self-confidence. You don’t have to be a size eight to do it.”
- Gravesend residents prepared themselves for flooding which never came
- North Kent storm surge: Recap of live blog for Greenhithe and Gravesend flood warnings
- PubSpy reviews The Foresters Arms, Gravesend
- Lewisham pupils collect cash, clothes and blankets for Philippines after Typhoon Haiyan
- Bexleyheath and Crayford MP David Evennett praises Budget for businesses
Comments are closed on this article.