Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Crayford garage run as social enterprise opened by Vicki Butler-Henderson
A CRAYFORD garage run as a social enterprise has been launched by racing driver and TV presenter Vicki Butler-Henderson.
SMaRT garage services on the Acorn Industrial estate is designed to create training and employment opportunities for people with mental health issues and other disadvantages.
Set up by entrepreneurial charity First Step Trust, the garage provides MOT testing, servicing and vehicle repairs to private and corporate customers.
Joined by Bexley Council leader Councillor Teresa O’Neil at the launch event on October 1, Fifth Gear presenter Ms Butler-Henderson said: "I am delighted to lend my support to SMaRT.
"It’s fantastic to see business being used for such positive effect and helping people overcome disadvantage and realize their ambitions. Everyone should be given a chance to succeed."
She also launched the FST-run Driving Ambitions scheme which aims to help people gain a driving licence while improving their job prospects through training and work experience.
- Gravesend residents prepared themselves for flooding which never came
- North Kent storm surge: Recap of live blog for Greenhithe and Gravesend flood warnings
- PubSpy reviews The Foresters Arms, Gravesend
- Lewisham pupils collect cash, clothes and blankets for Philippines after Typhoon Haiyan
- Bexleyheath and Crayford MP David Evennett praises Budget for businesses
Comments are closed on this article.