Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Tesco Sidcup superstore hit by late night copper piping theft
THE Tesco superstore in Sidcup was hit by a metal theft last night with copper piping taken from the roof.
Between midnight and 12.30am the suspect, or suspects, climbed onto the roof and cut away a quantity of piping.
The copper was later found in a nearby field at the rear of the shop. It is thought whoever took it was intending to come back for it later.
Bromley Police is investigating and no arrests have been made.
A Tesco spokeswoman said: “Copper piping was stolen from the roof of our store overnight, which has affected the refrigeration system at the store.
"We are helping the police with their investigation, and working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
"We apologise to our customers for any inconvenience this has caused.”
- Nightmare before Christmas - are outdoor lights and decorations a delight or an eyesore?
- 10 facts about Sir Francis Drake and his circumnavigation of the globe
- Greenwich parents urged to sign kids up for free school meals
- TOWIE star Chloe Sims on Christmas with Joey Essex and New Year's resolutions ahead of Bluewater appearance
- Swancombe residents breathe a sigh of relief at Thames crossing decision
Comments are closed on this article.