Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Needle 'found in bag of Sidcup Tesco potatoes'
TESCO is investigating a complaint by a Sidcup shopper who claims he found a needle in a bag of potatoes.
Jason Cogley says he was looking forward to tucking into a healthy mixed salad with microwaved spuds when he made the alleged discovery.
Fortunately the 39-year-old, who claims he bought the potatoes from Tesco Express in Station Road, avoided a sharp surprise last Wednesday (October 2).
The father-of-three said: "I opened the bag and poured them onto the counter and saw the needle.
"I couldn’t believe it, it’s not the sort of thing you expect to find in microwave potatoes.
"We were quite shocked."
Mr Cogley, of Cray Road, phoned Tesco straight away to arrange to return the bag to the shop where he says he received a full refund.
He added: "It’s quite worrying. There could be more bags with needles in.
"It was a two-inch sewing needle, we don’t have them in our house.
"We normally shop at the big Tesco in Edgington Way."
A Tesco spokesperson said: "We set ourselves very high standards for the safety and quality of our food and we are investigating Mr Cogley’s complaint.”
- Do you devour or hoard Easter Eggs, and what's the best way to get into them?
- 'Berserk' Eltham dog bites hole in boy's face as he tries to save mum and baby brother
- UPDATE: One lane reopens on M26 after four-vehicle crash
- UPDATE: Is the giant rat reported in Gravesend actually a rat?
- High housing demand stopping south east London buyers getting homes
Comments are closed on this article.