Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
PICTURES: Giant vegetables delight at Hayes Horticultural Society show
THE season has got off to a bright start with a mammoth, prize-winning pumpkin.
Hayes Horticultural Society held its autumn show in the Village Hall, Hayes Street, and the result was a visual feast of pumpkins, juicy carrots and flowers.
The 120-year-old society holds four shows a year.
Organiser Anne Herbert said: "The event was an outstanding success. As well as wonderful displays of dahlias and other flowers a wide selection of fruits and vegetables were laid out for judging.
"Despite the unusually cold spring followed by a hot dry summer the horticultural shows have been well supported and closely contested.
"The society is very active and organises activities including quiz nights and outings. Unlike other societies, Hayes has its own allotments which are rented out to members."
For more information visit this website.
- Lives at risk in North Kent due to flood surge
- Reports of bus on fire in Belmont Hill is 'false alarm'
- Gravesend drugs bust uncovers cannabis factory worth £23,000
- The Princess Royal opens Greenwich Horticulture and Equestrian Skills Centre
- Sister's tribute to dead man found in Dartford Heath: 'I miss him every day'
Comments are closed on this article.