Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Zoinks! Greenwich police seize Scooby-Doo's Mystery Machine
ZOINKS! Greenwich police have seized Scooby-Doo's Mystery Machine - and it seems Shaggy didn't pay his insurance.
Officers found the van, based on the one used in the hit 70s children's cartoon, on Woolwich Road.
The vehicle was one of 21 vehicles seized as part of Operation Cubo - a clampdown on uninsured drivers.
Stop sites were set up in Westhorne Avenue, Shooters Hill Road, Plumstead Road, Kidbrooke Park Road, Western Way and Eltham High Street on October 3.
Four people were also arrested for a number of driving offences, while another three were busted for possession with intent to supply drugs.
Chief Inspector Andy Johnstone said: "We continue to target criminals and uninsured drivers using the roads in Greenwich. We have run several of these operations and continue to find people driving uninsured.
"A total of 21 people are without their car today - we will continue with Cubo operations throughout the year."
- Five-fingered Welling cat gives family paws for thought after seven months on the run
- 16 strangest driving laws on Earth to mark day when traffic lights first appeared
- Video: Watch all your favourite Christmas films in two-minute supercut
- Crystal Palace to stay up, aliens tell Bromley woman who 'used to be Joan of Arc'
- Doctor Who's adventures in time and space: Where would you go in the Tardis?
Comments are closed on this article.