Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Charlton bus driver attacked by motorist in front of horrified passengers
A BUS driver was attacked in front of horrified passengers by another motorist in Shooters Hill Road yesterday (October 6) after an altercation between the two.
An eye witness claimed a car cut up the 89 bus heading towards Lewisham. The car driver got out, walked onto the bus and punched the driver in the face, smashing his glasses and cutting his head open.
A spokeswoman for Greenwich police confirmed they had been called at 1.27pm to the junction with Indus Road.
She said: "A 44-year-old man was arrested at the scene for GBH and has been bailed pending further enquiries.
"Officers from Greenwich CID are investigating."
- Gravesend residents prepared themselves for flooding which never came
- North Kent storm surge: Recap of live blog for Greenhithe and Gravesend flood warnings
- PubSpy reviews The Foresters Arms, Gravesend
- Lewisham pupils collect cash, clothes and blankets for Philippines after Typhoon Haiyan
- Bexleyheath and Crayford MP David Evennett praises Budget for businesses
Comments are closed on this article.