Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Erith man to go on trial for attempted murder following Abbey Wood attack
A 26-YEAR-OLD man will go on trial next month accused of an attack in Abbey Wood that left his victim with a fractured skull.
Daryl McNamee, 26, of Jenningtree Road in Erith pleaded not guilty to attempted murder at Inner London Crown Court on Thursday.
He will go on trial at the same court on November 11.
The charge relates to an attack on a 51-year-old man outside Argali House, St John Fisher Road, at 11.59pm on July 2.
Paramedics from London Ambulance Service were called and the victim was taken to a south London hospital with serious head injuries.
A 25-year-old man from Belvedere, who was arrested 11 days after the attack also on suspicion of attempted murder, has since been released without charge.
- Man who stabbed himself in Sidcup dies in hospital
- Plumstead couple jailed for running Greenwich sex call centre
- Millwall players make Lewisham Hospital Christmas visit
- Road works cause queues in North Cray Road at Ruxley roundabout
- Missing Forest Hill 75-year-old found after police appeal