Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
PICTURED: Burning bus blocks lanes on M25 near Swanley
A BURNING bus caused long delays for drivers using the M25 during yesterday evening’s rush hour.
Crews were called to the clockwise carriageway between Junction 3 at the Swanley Interchange and Junction 4 at Orpington at 6.35pm.
Thick black smoke was seen billowing into the air whilst passengers watched on from the hard shoulder.
Firefighters used two hoses and foam to fight the fire, whilst a water unit was also sent to the scene.
Long delays built up on the M25 approaching the blaze and lengthy delays stretched back on the A20 Sidcup bypass approaching the Swanley Interchange.
- Man who stabbed himself in Sidcup dies in hospital
- Plumstead couple jailed for running Greenwich sex call centre
- Millwall players make Lewisham Hospital Christmas visit
- Road works cause queues in North Cray Road at Ruxley roundabout
- Missing Forest Hill 75-year-old found after police appeal
Comments are closed on this article.