LEWISHAM faith groups are set to come together to pool ideas on supporting vulnerable people in the community.
Mayor of Lewisham Sir Steve Bullock will open the event at Catford’s Civic Suite as part of a scheme where £50,000 in Lewisham Council grants will be made available to faith groups.
The Faith in Lewisham Fund will encourage projects tackling issues such as the effects of welfare reform, and reducing isolation and loneliness for vulnerable people.
Any faith group wanting to attend the event on October 8 between 6pm to 9pm should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Absolutely Fabulous the Movie review: ‘the magic is still there’
- Family of expectant dad who died in car crash in Darenth issue touching tribute
- 'I'll kick the f*** out of you': Vicky Foxcroft 'receives death threats for not supporting Jeremy Corbyn'
- Attempted child abductions in Penge
- PICTURED: Police spotted at Greenwich station