Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Lewisham faith groups meeting to pool ideas for supporting the vulnerable
4:17pm Tuesday 1st October 2013 in News
LEWISHAM faith groups are set to come together to pool ideas on supporting vulnerable people in the community.
Mayor of Lewisham Sir Steve Bullock will open the event at Catford’s Civic Suite as part of a scheme where £50,000 in Lewisham Council grants will be made available to faith groups.
The Faith in Lewisham Fund will encourage projects tackling issues such as the effects of welfare reform, and reducing isolation and loneliness for vulnerable people.
Any faith group wanting to attend the event on October 8 between 6pm to 9pm should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nightmare before Christmas - are outdoor lights and decorations a delight or an eyesore?
- 10 facts about Sir Francis Drake and his circumnavigation of the globe
- Greenwich parents urged to sign kids up for free school meals
- TOWIE star Chloe Sims on Christmas with Joey Essex and New Year's resolutions ahead of Bluewater appearance
- Swancombe residents breathe a sigh of relief at Thames crossing decision
Comments are closed on this article.