LEWISHAM faith groups are set to come together to pool ideas on supporting vulnerable people in the community.
Mayor of Lewisham Sir Steve Bullock will open the event at Catford’s Civic Suite as part of a scheme where £50,000 in Lewisham Council grants will be made available to faith groups.
The Faith in Lewisham Fund will encourage projects tackling issues such as the effects of welfare reform, and reducing isolation and loneliness for vulnerable people.
Any faith group wanting to attend the event on October 8 between 6pm to 9pm should contact email@example.com.
- Bus driver describes finding man who wasn’t breathing in Bexleyheath and trying to get help
- ‘I don’t want to draw my curtains’: Anger after huge phone mast goes up due to council mistake
- An 18-year-old man is fighting for his life after being stabbed in broad daylight by a gang of youths
- Sudden death of ‘true gentleman’ could lead to heart screenings for Erith students
- Listen up, audio boffins think they've got the perfect way to put you in a good mood on train journeys