LEWISHAM faith groups are set to come together to pool ideas on supporting vulnerable people in the community.
Mayor of Lewisham Sir Steve Bullock will open the event at Catford’s Civic Suite as part of a scheme where £50,000 in Lewisham Council grants will be made available to faith groups.
The Faith in Lewisham Fund will encourage projects tackling issues such as the effects of welfare reform, and reducing isolation and loneliness for vulnerable people.
Any faith group wanting to attend the event on October 8 between 6pm to 9pm should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saving London from the Great Stink: Abbey Wood's Crossness sewage cathedral reopens to the public
- UPDATE: Police arrest knife-wielding man 'throwing stuff off roof' in Erith
- EXCLUSIVE: Mum of teen stabbed to death in Brockley demands justice after accused killers go free
- 'People were angry about the bullshit': Greenwich Council remove 'disruptive' library campaigners from public meeting
- Northfleet father-of-three jailed after stabbing man with pair of scissors