LEWISHAM faith groups are set to come together to pool ideas on supporting vulnerable people in the community.
Mayor of Lewisham Sir Steve Bullock will open the event at Catford’s Civic Suite as part of a scheme where £50,000 in Lewisham Council grants will be made available to faith groups.
The Faith in Lewisham Fund will encourage projects tackling issues such as the effects of welfare reform, and reducing isolation and loneliness for vulnerable people.
Any faith group wanting to attend the event on October 8 between 6pm to 9pm should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Motorists can now challenge parking tickets for £5
- Bromley storms into Top 50 best places to live in UK
- Bumper day for seals in Dartford
- Biggin Hill school raises cash for charity through festive jumper day
- Staff, students and rotarians in series of Erith charity walks