LEWISHAM faith groups are set to come together to pool ideas on supporting vulnerable people in the community.
Mayor of Lewisham Sir Steve Bullock will open the event at Catford’s Civic Suite as part of a scheme where £50,000 in Lewisham Council grants will be made available to faith groups.
The Faith in Lewisham Fund will encourage projects tackling issues such as the effects of welfare reform, and reducing isolation and loneliness for vulnerable people.
Any faith group wanting to attend the event on October 8 between 6pm to 9pm should contact email@example.com.
- Ocado plans £98.8m distribution centre for Erith
- Greenhithe's Len Goodman joins Strictly Come Dancing Live tour in Greenwich
- PICTURED: Police bust huge cannabis factory worth £250K at Chelsfield farmhouse
- Hither Green's fish and chip shop nightclub takes council battering
- Greenwich Council apologises after campaigner told by security to stop filming meeting