LEWISHAM faith groups are set to come together to pool ideas on supporting vulnerable people in the community.
Mayor of Lewisham Sir Steve Bullock will open the event at Catford’s Civic Suite as part of a scheme where £50,000 in Lewisham Council grants will be made available to faith groups.
The Faith in Lewisham Fund will encourage projects tackling issues such as the effects of welfare reform, and reducing isolation and loneliness for vulnerable people.
Any faith group wanting to attend the event on October 8 between 6pm to 9pm should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- VIDEO: Joyrider on run from police hits Blackfen house 'like a bomb'
- Green chain events to get Bexley people walking this Autumn
- 13 per cent of Gravesham's tots have tooth decay - how do your kids' teeth compare?
- England football manager Roy Hodgson to open new Biggin Hill 3G pitch
- Welling army officer - who has toured Afghanistan, Iraq and Northern Ireland - is awarded MBE