Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Bexleyheath Citizen's Advice Bureaux branch could be on the move
THE Bexleyheath branch of the Citizen’s Advice Bureaux could be moving, under options being considered by the council.
The building housing the Brampton Road offices of the free money advice service is "not viable", according to the director of Bexley CAB.
Roland Haigh told News Shopper: "It’s essentially a wooden building and it needs incredible amounts of money spending on it.
"There are options to be explored and the building is in a very poor state. If we have to leave Brampton Road we will continue to provide a service which is accessible.
"It would be good to find somewhere a bit more central in Bexleyheath as where we are now is a bit more isolated."
A Bexley Council spokeswoman added: "The council is working with Bexley Citizen’s Advice Bureaux to look at ways of improving access to CAB advice for local people across the borough.
"The discussions involve a range of options including use of multiple locations in Bexley.
"This joint work is at an early stage and no decisions have been made by either Bexley CAB trustee board or the council."
- 12 rounds of trivia on Muhammad Ali to mark day when The Greatest had his last fight
- Five-fingered Welling cat gives family paws for thought after seven months on the run
- Blazing scene of a Gravesend sunset
- Trio on trial for perverting course of justice after Dartford takeaway manslaughter
- Abbey Wood De Lucy Primary School to be expanded in £3.5m scheme
Comments are closed on this article.