Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Save Lewisham Hospital Campaign at Rivoli Ballroom and Manchester NHS rally
LEWISHAM Hospital campaigners held a musical fundraiser at the weekend - before setting off to Manchester on an NHS march.
More than 700 people, including hospital staff, danced at the Rivoli Ballroom, Crofton Park on September 27 to raise cash for the campaign ahead of an appeal hearing on October 28 over the decision to quash Jeremy Hunt's service downgrades.
Performers included local rapper Question Musiq with his rendition of campaign song I Need My A&E.
And on Sunday (September 29), around 100 protestors travelled to Manchester, joining around 55,000 others calling for the NHS to be protected.
Campaign chairwoman Dr Louise Irvine said: "We have had an amazing week, with huge support for both Lewisham Hospital and the NHS from almost every quarter.
"It will be interesting to see whether the Conservatives choose to mention Lewisham during the course of their own debates – and if so, how they will represent the situation."
- Lee Rigby Woolwich murder accused was 'soldier of Allah'
- Single this Christmas? Start enjoying it, says London Dating Coach Hayley Quinn
- Santa swings by Slade Green for Christmas festival
- Former Tour de France champion races with public in Orpington
- Mottingham man jailed after his mobile phone is found in stolen car
Comments are closed on this article.