Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Consultation over Charlton Lido renaming after tide of opposition
CHARLTON’S £2m revamped lido will no longer be renamed without a public consultation following a tide of local opposition.
There is a petition of currently more than 350 signatures against the decision to rebrand Charlton Lido as 'Royal Greenwich Lido' without consulting residents and councillors.
Following the outcry, managers GLL now want residents’ input over the name change and have suggested a title of Charlton Leisure Centre and Lido.
A GLL spokeswoman said: "GLL appreciates the level of local interest in the Lido.
"GLL has discussed its naming further with the Council and agreed there needs to be more consultation as to the best name for the new facility.
"GLL’s preference is ‘Charlton Leisure Centre and Lido’, thus retaining Charlton in the name, but being clear that it is ‘more than’ just a Lido."
Residents can send in their ideas for the name change to firstname.lastname@example.org
To sign the petition visit wecallitcharltonlido.co.uk
- Man in Sidcup reportedly stabs himself with shoplifted kitchen knife
- Southeastern warn of cancellations and delays this evening after ALL lines affected by adverse weather
- Man taken to hospital as car overturns in Chislehurst High Street
- Vibe asks Gravesend X Factor star Tamera Foster questions you never knew needed asking
- Eltham family house goes Christmas lights crazy
Comments are closed on this article.