Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
New Cross Station crash: Victim named as Alan Greenwell
A PEDESTRIAN who died after being hit by a grey BMW outside New Cross Station has been named by police.
Alan Greenwell had been in a critical condition at a south London Hospital since the collision on September 15 and died three days later.
A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as head injuries.
An inquest will be opened and adjourned in due course.
The driver of the vehicle was arrested at the scene in New Cross Road on suspicion of dangerous driving and was taken to a south London police station.
He has been bailed to a date in December.
Traffic officers from the road death investigation unit at Catford Garage continue to appeal for witnesses.
Anyone who witnessed this incident or who has information that could assist is asked to call the police on 020 8285 1574.
- Southeastern 'broken down train' at Hither Green causing travel problems
- Firefighters vote for industrial action
- George Osbourne to announce end of the road for car tax disc
- What's the right way to hang a toilet roll? Should flap be under or over, in our out?
- 10 facts about the Great Smog of London in 1952
Comments are closed on this article.