Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
UPDATE: Fire that destroyed loft of Bromley house caused by electrical fault
A FIRE that destroyed the loft of a house in Ridley Road, Bromley was caused by an electrical fault.
Firefighters were called at around 3am yesterday (September 25) morning to find the converted loft space in the house alight.
A man and woman, who left the building before the Brigade arrived, were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation by London Ambulance crews.
The man was also treated for very minor burns to his hand.
The fire was under control by just after 4am.
Four fire engines from Bromley, Downham, Beckenham and Southwark fire stations went to the scene with 21 firefighters and officers.
- Teen hit by car bringing Sidcup to standstill wants to reassure driver he's ok
- UPDATE: Police officer escaped with minor injuries after Gravesend collision, pedestrian unhurt
- PICTURED: Leaking hose used at St Paul's Cray recycling plant fire nearly floods residents' houses
- Orpington Subway sandwich shop blaze cause is under investigation
- X FACTOR: Bexley's Sam Bailey is on the edge of glory
Comments are closed on this article.