Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
UPDATE: Fire that destroyed loft of Bromley house caused by electrical fault
A FIRE that destroyed the loft of a house in Ridley Road, Bromley was caused by an electrical fault.
Firefighters were called at around 3am yesterday (September 25) morning to find the converted loft space in the house alight.
A man and woman, who left the building before the Brigade arrived, were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation by London Ambulance crews.
The man was also treated for very minor burns to his hand.
The fire was under control by just after 4am.
Four fire engines from Bromley, Downham, Beckenham and Southwark fire stations went to the scene with 21 firefighters and officers.
- Let's hope her single's not a turkey: Artist creates likeness of Bexley X Factor star Sam Bailey from food
- Seven reasons to explain Friday the 13th being considered unlucky
- Can you rival Mr Christmas for festive cheer?
- Get kebab or chips after Christmas party and don't cook, says London Fire Brigade
- Male cyclist, 43, dies after being hit by a car near Gravesend
Comments are closed on this article.