Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Travellers camped out in Churchfields Recreation Ground, Elmers End
POLICE are carrying out extra patrols in the Elmers End area today because a group of travellers is camped out on a recreation ground.
The 20 caravans went on to Churchfields Recreation Ground, off Churchfields Road, over the weekend and Bromley police were called about them several times yesterday evening (September 22).
Officers went to the location at around 9pm last night and are doing extra reassurance patrols in the area.
The incident is being dealt with by the police and Bromley Council and the travellers are set to be served with a notice to leave the site today.
- Gravesend residents prepared themselves for flooding which never came
- North Kent storm surge: Recap of live blog for Greenhithe and Gravesend flood warnings
- PubSpy reviews The Foresters Arms, Gravesend
- Lewisham pupils collect cash, clothes and blankets for Philippines after Typhoon Haiyan
- Bexleyheath and Crayford MP David Evennett praises Budget for businesses
Comments are closed on this article.