Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Eltham stabbing sees two men rushed to hospital
3:35pm Thursday 19th September 2013 in News
AN ELTHAM street has been cordoned off by police this afternoon after a man was stabbed in the chest and another was left with head injuries.
Police were called to Westmount Road at 1.28pm to reports of a stabbing.
London Ambulance Service (LAS) paramedics rushed a 28-year-old man suffering from a stab wound to hospital as a priority.
The second man, who is in his 30s and was suffering from a head wound, was also taken to hospital.
A spokeswoman for Greenwich police said: "A male who suffered stabbing injuries to his chest and another male who suffered head injuries have been taken to hospitals in south east London.
"Officers from Greenwich are currently on the scene and investigating."
A LAS spokeswoman said: "We were called at 1.37pm to reports of an assault in Westmount Road.
"We sent a single responder in a car, two ambulance crews and a duty officer to the scene.
"Staff treated two patients."
More to follow.
- Shopper goes high-brow ... here are 10 interesting facts about Ludwig van Beethoven
- PICTURED: Met Police helicopter captures stunning images of London in the fog
- Man who stabbed himself in Sidcup dies in hospital
- X FACTOR: Sam Bailey's to duet with axed Tamera Foster's mentor Nicole Scherzinger
- Midnight trading comes to Kent ahead of Christmas rush
Comments are closed on this article.