Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
UPDATE New Cross Station crash: Man dies after being hit by BMW
A PEDESTRIAN has died after being hit by a grey BMW outside New Cross Station on Sunday (September 15).
The man, in his 40s, had been in a critical condition at a south London Hospital since the collision but passed away yesterday (Sept 18).
Traffic officers are appealing for witnesses to the incident which took place on New Cross Road where police were called around 9.15pm.
The male driver of the BMW was arrested at the scene on suspicion of dangerous driving and taken to a south London police station. He has been bailed to a date in December.
Police say they believe they know the identity of the deceased but await formal identification. A post mortem examination date is yet to be set.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Road Death Investigation Unit Witness Appeal Line 020 8285 1574.
- Bexley commuter keeps online photo diary in a bid to 'shame' Southeastern
- UPDATE: Two people rushed to hospital after five car pile-up on A2 near Bluewater
- Dartford MP Gareth Johnson readopted as Tory candidate for the town
- Lewisham Council urges furniture recycling this Christmas
- Gravesham Council in dark over new Northfleet leisure centre leaseholders
Comments are closed on this article.