Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Three Broadway Shopping Centre cleaners arrested in immigration raid
IMMIGRATION officers have arrested three cleaners at Broadway Shopping Centre after a planned raid.
Officials from the Home Office moved into the Bexleyheath mall at around 7pm on September 10 detaining two men now set for deportation.
A woman has also been placed on immigration bail while her case is processed.
A 37-year-old Ghanaian man had overstayed his visa and used a counterfeit Italian passport to secure employment while a 48-year-old compatriot from Nigeria was found to have entered the country illegally and secured employment using a counterfeit French ID card.
A 39-year-old Nigerian woman had overstayed her visa and got a job using a counterfeit Nigerian passport with an ‘indefinite leave to remain’ stamp in it.
A Home Office spokesman confirmed she also faces removal from the country if she is found to have no leave to stay.
Bexley police said they were informed at just after 7.20pm the raid had taken place.
Broadway Shopping Centre manager Peter Sedge said the visit by immigration officers was by appointment with the cleaning contractor involved which "fully cooperated" with the process.
Contractor Dougland Support Services were unavailable for comment.
- UPDATE: Lee Rigby Woolwich murder accused was 'soldier of Allah'
- Bexley police target burglars in run up to Christmas
- Wanted Wednesday - Help Lewisham police find their four most wanted men
- Man jailed after sex assaults on 15-year-old autistic boy in Orpington Walnuts Leisure Centre toilets
- Southeastern announces Christmas timetable for travellers
Comments are closed on this article.