Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Police at Plumstead Common over 'child attack' report
POLICE officers, dogs and a helicopter were dispatched to Plumstead last night (September 11) after reports of a young girl being attacked.
Officers were called out at 8.35pm to a report of a young girl in distress being pulled by her wrist by a man near Plumstead Common.
It was alleged that the girl may have been taken to a shrubbery area nearby.
A spokeswoman for Greenwich police said: "Police in Greenwich together with the Met Police Dog unit and the Met helicopter attended the scene and searched the area at length.
"There was no trace of a man with child."
More of today's News Shopper headlines:
- Gravesend residents prepared themselves for flooding which never came
- North Kent storm surge: Recap of live blog for Greenhithe and Gravesend flood warnings
- PubSpy reviews The Foresters Arms, Gravesend
- Lewisham pupils collect cash, clothes and blankets for Philippines after Typhoon Haiyan
- Bexleyheath and Crayford MP David Evennett praises Budget for businesses
Comments are closed on this article.