Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Londoners most likely to have casual sex on holiday and cheat on partner
12:01pm Wednesday 11th September 2013 in News
AMOROUS but unfaithful Londoners are most likely to have had casual sex while on holiday this summer.
Nearly 90 per cent of Londoners have had or have considered a one-night stand on holiday – more than 10 per cent above the national average, according to a survey from condom brand Skins.
The survey also revealed 32 per cent of Londoners go away to have casual sex, nearly a quarter have cheated on a partner on hols, slightly more than that have lied about where they are going and who they are going with and nearly 20 per cent cold-hearted individuals have dumped a partner before going away with mates.
Worrying was the finding that 63 per cent admitted to having had unprotected sex on holiday.
Here are some more stats from the summer survey:
- 11 per cent say they have snogged more than 10 people on holiday
- 20 per cent had casual sex for a confidence boost
- Of those who had sex on holiday, 62 per cent did so with another holiday maker from the UK
- 45 per cent of Londoners have lied about their age to get someone to sleep with them
- 12 per cent have gone on holiday to meet their love of their lives
- 56 per cent have had a holiday romance
- Nearly half are more likely to have casual sex on holiday than at home
- 32 per cent go away with the intention of having casual sex
- One in four have paid for sex whilst away
Skins spokeswoman Jane Bowles said: “It is great to see that Brits are enjoying themselves. These statistics from Skins certainly provide a fascinating insight in to how the nation are making the most of their time - revealing some pretty steamy stuff, it is also important to note that the research has also come with some sobering health warnings.
“A concerning amount of respondents admitted to not using condoms during their illicit encounters.”
This survey follows research last year which found more people cheat on their husbands and wives in London than anywhere else in England and Wales, with more than a quarter of all married couples in the city having had affairs.
Are you shocked by any of the survey’s findings? Do you see yourself in any of the statistics? Do holiday romances ever work out? Add your comments below.
More topics to have your say on:
- POLL: Beginning of the end for Oyster cards?
- Top 10 weirdest fears - see the bizarre things people are freaked out by: What are you most scared of?
- Have your say: Increase in rail fares restricted
- Are left-handed people prone to being more creative, gifted or clumsy than right-handers?
- What's the best way to make a cup of tea? Share your secret to the perfect brew
Comments are closed on this article.