Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Share your embarrassing shopping mistakes and most expensive buys you regret
10:57am Tuesday 10th September 2013 in News
WHAT is the most expensive thing you’ve ever regretted buying? What’s your most embarrassing shopping gaffe?
Research has found people have on average five items of clothing worth £140 they have never worn.
People are also said to have a further 10 garments they’ve only worn once.
Are you guilty of buying clothes on impulse and never wearing them? Have you ever snapped up any items that you loved at the time but later couldn’t bring yourself to wear in public?
Away from your wardrobe, what are you other worst shopping slip-ups? Whether it’s a car worth thousands of pounds that you grew to hate or something cheap and tacky for the home which you ended up throwing away, what are the purchases you look back on with shame?
Share your retail confessions in the comments box below.
The survey on people’s unloved clothes was carried out for the British Heart Foundation, which is appealing for bags of unwanted things this September for its Great British Bag-athon. Visit bhf.org.uk/bagathon for more information or donate your unwanted things to your local BHF shop.
- POLL: Beginning of the end for Oyster cards?
- Top 10 weirdest fears - see the bizarre things people are freaked out by: What are you most scared of?
- Have your say: Increase in rail fares restricted
- Are left-handed people prone to being more creative, gifted or clumsy than right-handers?
- What's the best way to make a cup of tea? Share your secret to the perfect brew
Comments are closed on this article.