Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Pics: Greenwich half marathon sees around 19,000 Run to the Beat
POP STAR Jessie J helped set the beat for around 19,000 half marathon runners in Greenwich on Sunday (Sept 8).
BAFTA award-winning actress Carey Mulligan was amongst the Run to the Beat competitors pounding the pavements of the 13.1 mile musical course which started and finished in Greenwich Park.
This year DJ talent included Radio One DJ Nihal, Beckenham’s Kerrang! Radio DJ Kate Lawler, DJ Goldierocks and acid house DJ Trevor Fung.
Jessie J said: “What an amazing event and a fantastic idea to inspire people to reach their goals through music.
"I was so excited to play to all the incredible people coming back into the park after they had just run 13.1 miles and couldn’t believe they found the energy to celebrate in the festival area with me. What an atmosphere! ”
The event received mixed reaction from runners and residents with some complaints of problems from the course and traffic congestion.
To see the full results and sign up for next year’s event visit runtothebeat.co.uk
What are your thoughts on Run to the Beat powered by Nike+? Get in touch with the newsroom on 01689 885732 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nightmare before Christmas - are outdoor lights and decorations a delight or an eyesore?
- 10 facts about Sir Francis Drake and his circumnavigation of the globe
- Greenwich parents urged to sign kids up for free school meals
- TOWIE star Chloe Sims on Christmas with Joey Essex and New Year's resolutions ahead of Bluewater appearance
- Swancombe residents breathe a sigh of relief at Thames crossing decision
Comments are closed on this article.