Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Erith house fire forces seven people to flee their homes
SEVEN people were forced to flee when their terraced homes caught alight in Erith.
One house was badly damaged by fire on the ground and first floors and the roofs of all three properties in Canada Road were affected.
Thirty-five firefighters from Erith, Woolwich, Greenwich and Bexley fire stations tackled the blaze.
They were called at 12.51am on Friday morning (September 6) and had the blaze under control within 40 minutes.
An elderly woman was treated for shock at the scene by the London Ambulance Service. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
More of today's news headlines:
- Bexley commuter keeps online photo diary in a bid to 'shame' Southeastern
- UPDATE: Two people rushed to hospital after five car pile-up on A2 near Bluewater
- Dartford MP Gareth Johnson readopted as Tory candidate for the town
- Lewisham Council urges furniture recycling this Christmas
- Gravesham Council in dark over new Northfleet leisure centre leaseholders
Comments are closed on this article.