Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Bluewater A2 horror smash leaves man fighting for life
A YOUNG motorcyclist from Dartford is fighting for his life following a crash involving a lorry and a tractor near Bluewater.
The collision happened at about 7.15pm yesterday evening and closed the coastbound carriageway of the A2 between J2 for the M25 and the B255 junction for Bluewater.
Police also believe a van, which drove off after the smash, was involved.
The motorcyclist, a 21-year-old man from Dartford, was treated at the scene before being rushed to King's College Hospital with a serious leg injury where he remains in a critical condition this morning.
Hundreds of vehicles werstuck and motorists are advised to avoid the area.
Kent Police is appealing for anybody who believes they may have been involved in the collision to call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 01622 798538.
The crash happened hours after eight people suffered serious injuries in a 100-vehicle horror smash on the New Sheppey Bridge and a collision between a lorry and a van on the M20 near the Swanley Interchange.
More of today's news headlines:
- Gravesend residents prepared themselves for flooding which never came
- North Kent storm surge: Recap of live blog for Greenhithe and Gravesend flood warnings
- PubSpy reviews The Foresters Arms, Gravesend
- Lewisham pupils collect cash, clothes and blankets for Philippines after Typhoon Haiyan
- Bexleyheath and Crayford MP David Evennett praises Budget for businesses
Comments are closed on this article.