Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Lewisham Hospital victory march and dance taking place
DESPITE Jeremy Hunt's appeal, Lewisham Hospital campaigners are still holding their victory march on September 14.
The Victory for Lewisham Parade and Party will start from the grassy knoll opposite Lewisham station at 12pm.
It will head down Molesworth Street, turning into the High Street and then pass in front of the hospital before progressing to Ladywell Fields for an afternoon of family fun and musical entertainment.
Campaign leader Dr Louise Irvine said: "After almost a year of intensive campaigning, we are busy planning for a celebratory family event to mark our July victory in the High Court and to say thank you to the people of Lewisham for the amazing support they have shown for Lewisham Hospital."
A follow-up fundraising event victory dance featuring a range of acts and a raffle takes place at Crofton Park's Rivoli Ballroom on September 27 from 7.30pm. Visit savelewishamhospital.com for details.
More news headlines:
- Gravesend residents prepared themselves for flooding which never came
- North Kent storm surge: Recap of live blog for Greenhithe and Gravesend flood warnings
- PubSpy reviews The Foresters Arms, Gravesend
- Lewisham pupils collect cash, clothes and blankets for Philippines after Typhoon Haiyan
- Bexleyheath and Crayford MP David Evennett praises Budget for businesses
Comments are closed on this article.