Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Greenwich marks year countdown to Tall Ship Regatta in 2014
IT IS exactly a year until Greenwich will host the largest Tall Ship race to come to the capital in 25 years.
To mark the countdown, residents might have spied tall ship Iris sailing the Thames from Woolwich to Greenwich today decked out in the borough’s bunting.
The Tall Ships Regatta 2014 will see around 50 of the world’s most spectacular tall ships race from Falmouth Docks and on to Greenwich.
Officials and two young ambassadors from maritime Greenwich and Falmouth met on board Iris and sailed to iconic tea clipper Cutty Sark.
Iris is currently in Greenwich as part of four day annual festival Sail Royal Greenwich.
The deal to bring the race to Greenwich was sealed between Greenwich Council and Sail Training International on May 7.
- UPDATE: Lee Rigby Woolwich murder accused was 'soldier of Allah'
- Bexley police target burglars in run up to Christmas
- Wanted Wednesday - Help Lewisham police find their four most wanted men
- Man jailed after sex assaults on 15-year-old autistic boy in Orpington Walnuts Leisure Centre toilets
- Southeastern announces Christmas timetable for travellers
Comments are closed on this article.