Family-run bakery chain in Bromley celebrates 75th anniversary with public event (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Family-run bakery chain in Bromley celebrates 75th anniversary with public event
A FAMILY-RUN bakery chain is celebrating its 75th birthday this month.
On Saturday (August 24) events will be running at Sponge Kitchens branches across the borough in Beckenham, Hayes and Downham.
The events will offer members of the public the chance to win prizes and to indulge in the stores’ well-loved baked delights.
Little ones attending the event at the Beckenham branch will also be treated to face painting.
The family business, now headed by James Stewart, has been run by the his family for three generations since the first branch opened in 1938.
He believes that the business’ success lies in its family roots, having worked in the stores since he was at school.
He said: "I’m very proud to be running the business."
"Everyone’s looking forward to it, we’re all very excited."
For more information, visit spongekitchens.co.uk
- Lee traders hope for festive turnaround at Leegate shopping centre
- Dartford MP Gareth Johnson 'saddened' by Waitrose's confirmed closure
- BECKENHAM: Christmas Beckenham Business Association meeting - Tues 3 December
- Barclays in Crossways Business Park to close as the bank slashes 1,700 jobs
- Hearing Dogs for Deaf People charity event at Owen Hearing in West Wickham
Comments are closed on this article.