Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
PICTURED: Lorry fire closes M25 between Swanley and Sevenoaks
THIS picture captures the dramatic moment a lorry burst into flames on the M25 this morning.
The blaze closed the clockwise carriageway between J3 (Swanley Interchange) and J5 (M26/A21) for around three hours.
Emergency services were called to the fire which broke out in the lorry's cab at around 7.40am on the hard shoulder near the turning for the A21.
Firefighters spent around 30 minutes at the scene dealing with the fire in the Borough Green-based Lime Logistics vehicle.
All lanes have now reopened and congestion is easing following the fire and diesel spillage.
During its height queues stretched back to J2 for the Darenth Interchange.
Nobody was hurt during the blaze.
- Five-fingered Welling cat gives family paws for thought after seven months on the run
- Blazing scene of a Gravesend sunset
- Trio on trial for perverting course of justice after Dartford takeaway manslaughter
- Abbey Wood De Lucy Primary School to be expanded in £3.5m scheme
- Fake workmen put up false signs and steal paving stones in Eynsford
Comments are closed on this article.