Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Eleven injured in Thamesmead bus crash
ELEVEN people were injured in a Thamesmead crash between a bus and lorry this morning (Aug 20).
Ambulance crews were called out to the collision at 8.04am which happened at the junction of Eastern Way and Nathan Way
Nine ambulances and two duty managers were sent to the scene - the first staff arriving in under five minutes of the call coming in.
Greenwich duty station officer Peter Hipsey, who attended the incident, said: "The bus was quite badly damaged and we treated 11 patients.
"Luckily all patients, who were adults, suffered minor injuries. Five patients complained of neck and back pain so we put them on spinal boards before taking them to hospital.
"We took 10 of the patients to Queen Elizabeth Hospital and one patient to Darent Valley Hospital."
- Bexley commuter keeps online photo diary in a bid to 'shame' Southeastern
- UPDATE: Two people rushed to hospital after five car pile-up on A2 near Bluewater
- Dartford MP Gareth Johnson readopted as Tory candidate for the town
- Lewisham Council urges furniture recycling this Christmas
- Gravesham Council in dark over new Northfleet leisure centre leaseholders
Comments are closed on this article.