Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Estate agent's roof collapses in Church Road, Crystal Palace
A ROOF collapsed in Crystal Palace yesterday evening (August 19) which could mean delays for commuters travelling today.
Police and firefighters were called to Church Road at about 6.39pm and the road was closed in both directions overnight, with buses on diversion.
This morning one lane remains closed travelling past the scene.
A spokeswoman for London Fire Brigade said they were called to reports of a roof in a precarious position.
She said: "A large decorative concrete fascia had fallen from roof level to ground level.
"The building was assessed at roof level by surveyors who deemed the remaining structure safe."
Firefighters from West Norwood attended the scene and left at 9.10pm.
A Met spokesman said the building involved was an estate agents, but no one was injured in the incident.
Did you see what happened? Contact the newsdesk on 020 8722 6353 or email Hannah Williamson.
- Five-fingered Welling cat gives family paws for thought after seven months on the run
- Blazing scene of a Gravesend sunset
- Trio on trial for perverting course of justice after Dartford takeaway manslaughter
- Abbey Wood De Lucy Primary School to be expanded in £3.5m scheme
- Fake workmen put up false signs and steal paving stones in Eynsford
Comments are closed on this article.