Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Catford mum with newborn baby flees fire
A CATFORD mum fled a kitchen fire with her two children - including a newborn baby - yesterday (August 19) morning.
The London Ambulance Service checked over the baby for possible smoke inhalation following the blaze in Sedgehill Road.
Two fire engines from Forest Hill and Beckenham fire stations went to the scene with around 10 firefighters and officers.
It is believed to have been caused by a laundry basket being left on a hot cooking hob.
The brigade was called at 11.02am and the fire was under control by 11.22am.
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said: "You should never put objects near or on the cooking hob as they can catch fire and quickly start a fire.
"It’s easy to get distracted so you need to take extra care when cooking and never leave it unattended."
Comments are closed on this article.