Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
PICTURED: Horse put down after being hit by van in Bexley
A HORSE had to be put down after being hit by a van in Bexley yesterday afternoon (Aug 14).
Bexley police say the animal is thought to have suffered two broken legs in the collision in Vicarage Road near the junction with Bexley High Street at about 3.20pm.
Officers closed off the road in both directions while the horse received medical attention and seven people were checked over by paramedics.
Eyewitness @RealTalkBill tweeted: “Holy s*** I just saw two horses run onto a main road and one of them got hit by a van and we was right at the front.
“My sister felt sick! Was so bad!”
Did you see what happened? Contact the newsroom by e-mail or phone 01689 885734.
- Gravesend residents prepared themselves for flooding which never came
- North Kent storm surge: Recap of live blog for Greenhithe and Gravesend flood warnings
- PubSpy reviews The Foresters Arms, Gravesend
- Lewisham pupils collect cash, clothes and blankets for Philippines after Typhoon Haiyan
- Bexleyheath and Crayford MP David Evennett praises Budget for businesses
Comments are closed on this article.