A FOREST Hill woman claims she was attacked by an intruder who tried to strangle and rape her after climbing in her open window as she slept.
The victim managed to beat off the man who stole her phone - which was then tracked down using IPhone app Find My Phone after the attack on July 25 around 5am.
A 30-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted rape and burglary after Lewisham police officers traced two stolen phones to Brixton at 5.55am.
DCI Pete Thomas, from Sapphire South East, said: "This was a frightening attack on a woman in her room as she slept.
"It appears the victim was deliberately targeted as the ground floor window had been left open for ventilation on what was a very warm night.
"Quick thinking officers from Lewisham activated the tracker on the phone to trace the man believed to be responsible for subjecting the victim to such a horrendous ordeal and Lambeth officers sought to quickly trace him in Brixton".
Police investigations are ongoing.
- Dartford woman goes for Miss Speedfest crown
- VIDEO: Sydenham apprentice helps to build gold-medal garden at Chelsea Flower Show
- Figures show Bromley councillors missing more than a quarter of meetings
- UPDATE: Girl found 'safe and well' after 11 days missing with 51-year-old man
- Dartford actress Louisa Faye picks up film role opposite the Incredible Hulk