THE trial of eight men accused of the murder of Thierry Christian-Gnanakumar in Lewisham High Street is due to start today (July 22).
The 22-year-old victim, from Catford, was found by emergency services outside Lewisham Library on November 10 last year at 9.20pm.
He was taken to hospital suffering from serious injuries to his head and face and died in the early hours of November 11.
The eight men due to stand trial for his murder at the Old Bailey come from areas including Lee, Lewisham, Woolwich and Blackheath.
They are: Kohulan Podiappuhamey, aged 24, of Woodyates Road, Lee; Jeyaruban Vivekananthan, aged 26, of Nightingale Heights, Woolwich; Jius Vijashimghe, aged 27, of Baizdon Road, Blackheath; Kaviloan Venayakamoorthy, aged 23, of Eastdown Park, Lewisham; Aathavan Rajakumar, aged 24, of no fixed abode; Rubesius Selvaratnam, aged 21, from Catford; Jeyasuthan Theiventhrampillai, aged 33, from New Malden, and 23-year-old Pirunthan Kunaratnam, from Arkindale road, catford.
- POLL: More than half of Londoners admit to dipping their wick in the office goods. Have you?
- Man beaten to death in Eltham by brothers after 'gay' insult, court hears
- TRAVEL: No trains running between Bromley North and Grove Park
- UPDATE: Disruption expected at Dartford station due to signalling problems
- How will our area fare when Storm Dorris hammers UK with 80mph winds, heavy rain and snow?