Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Brockley and Sydenham police stations put up for sale in Met shake-up
BROCKLEY and Sydenham police stations are being put up for sale following a cost-cutting Met shake-up, it has been announced.
The former front-counter stations were axed as part of Boris Johnson’s controversial Police and Crime Plan which aims to save cash by shutting stations and putting more bobbies on the beat.
Police now say the two sites will be marketed for sale over the summer to save on the cost of running the buildings, with officers relocated and investment in modern facilities.
A Met Police spokeswoman said: “This will not impact on our ability to deliver local policing. London's communities are at the heart of what we do.
“We will have more officers out on the streets, working daily in local neighbourhoods.”
When the Mayor's plan is pushed through, Lewisham Police Station front counter will remain open 24 hours a day and Catford and Deptford Police Station front counters will be downgraded to daytime only services.
Additional contact points across the borough will open every Wednesday and Thursday evening between 7 and 8pm, and every Saturday afternoon between 2 and 3pm.
At a contact point you can:
• Report a crime
• Report lost property or hand in found property
• Make an appointment to speak to a local officer.
• Hand in self reporting forms for road traffic accidents
• Obtain crime prevention advice
• Obtain advice about police related matters.
• Collect your found items by appointment
• Discuss community concerns
• Make an appointment to give a statement if you don't want the police to come to your house or place of work
• Make an appointment to speak to an officer about a complaint against police.
The proposed contact points in Lewisham
Contact Point 1 Blackheath Ward. 1 Blackheath BR Station, Lee Park, Blackheath SE13
Contact Point 2 New Cross Ward. Point 2 The Albany Centre SE8, Deptford High Street, London SE8
Contact Point 3 Bellingham Ward. Point 3 Catford Hill Police station - Catford Hill, London Se6
Contact Point 4 Sydenham Ward. Point 4 Sainsbury’s Sydenham, London SE26 4PU
Contact Point 5 Catford South Ward. Point 5 The Post Office at 189-193 Torridon Road SE6 1RF
- Gravesend residents prepared themselves for flooding which never came
- North Kent storm surge: Recap of live blog for Greenhithe and Gravesend flood warnings
- PubSpy reviews The Foresters Arms, Gravesend
- Lewisham pupils collect cash, clothes and blankets for Philippines after Typhoon Haiyan
- Bexleyheath and Crayford MP David Evennett praises Budget for businesses
Comments are closed on this article.