SOME of Lewisham’s little ones marked their journey to 'big school' with gowns and mini mortar boards at their nursery graduation ceremonies.
Pre-school leavers - aged four to four-and-a-half years old - from Pitta Patta Day Nursery, in Forest Hill, were treated to a University-style graduation with special guest MP Dame Joan Ruddock.
While Mayor of Lewisham Sir Steve Bullock handed out certificates to 20 tiny tots who have finished their education at Head Start Nursery, in Belmont Hill, on Saturday (June 29).
Pitta Patta nursery director Jacqueline Hussein said: "We are quite an unusual nursery. We just try to implement things and I think it is lovely for the children.
"Every step you take is a graduation and a memory for them to take with them."
Graduation ceremonies have been taking place at Head Start Nursery for 10 years. Speaking of the tradition, Manager Beverly Hallett said: “I think it helps the children to see themselves as transitioning from one stage of their education.
“We talk a lot about big school and the local teachers from the area visit the school in preparation.”
- UPDATE: 48 residents evacuated after sinkhole opens up in Plumstead
- Both Sidcup Leisure Centre swimming pools expected to be closed for six days after flooding
- PICTURED: Geordie Shore beauty Holly Hagan meets fans in Bexleyheath as she celebrates 3st super slim down
- UPDATE: Man killed by train near Dartford station
- Air ambulance lands in Abbey Wood after teenager stabbed