Thousands of pounds of equipment stolen from Poverest Primary School, Orpington

TWO thieves have broken into Poverest Primary School, Orpington, stealing around £5,000 worth of equipment.

The thieves were caught on CCTV yesterday evening scaling a fence before entering the school building.

They then made off with 27 children's netbooks and three laptops - all of which has Poverest Primary School embossed on it.

The theft took place between 5.15pm and 5.40pm.

Jo Walkden, the school's headmistress, said: "That is money that we spend for the children that they now cannot use.

"We try to do the best for the children and make sure they have the best resources.

"It is devastating for their learning - for someone to do this is a violation."

A police investigation is ongoing.

Anyone who has any information should call Bromley CID on 020 8284 8859 or Crimestoppers annonymously on 0800 555 111.

Comments (9)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

3:45pm Fri 8 Mar 13

simonwebb70 says...

Dysfunctional scum everywhere. The school security sounds shocking considering the time of the incident.
Dysfunctional scum everywhere. The school security sounds shocking considering the time of the incident. simonwebb70
  • Score: 0

9:39pm Fri 8 Mar 13

Slonik says...

Scum will stoop to any level sadly.
Scum will stoop to any level sadly. Slonik
  • Score: 0

10:29pm Fri 8 Mar 13

Simon bald says...

Orpington, says it all really doesn't it
Orpington, says it all really doesn't it Simon bald
  • Score: 0

1:02am Sat 9 Mar 13

Anteater says...

simonwebb70 wrote:
Dysfunctional scum everywhere. The school security sounds shocking considering the time of the incident.
As you say, normally at any school there are parents and teachers still about!
[quote][p][bold]simonwebb70[/bold] wrote: Dysfunctional scum everywhere. The school security sounds shocking considering the time of the incident.[/p][/quote]As you say, normally at any school there are parents and teachers still about! Anteater
  • Score: 0

12:17pm Sat 9 Mar 13

Gypo.Joe says...

Simon bald wrote:
Orpington, says it all really doesn't it
More like "the Crays"....nuff said.
[quote][p][bold]Simon bald[/bold] wrote: Orpington, says it all really doesn't it[/p][/quote]More like "the Crays"....nuff said. Gypo.Joe
  • Score: 0

5:59am Sun 10 Mar 13

Petra69 says...

Yes scum. But if what the Head says is true why no insurance. That's irresponsibility on the part of her and the Governers. Why is she still the head if she is so useless?
Yes scum. But if what the Head says is true why no insurance. That's irresponsibility on the part of her and the Governers. Why is she still the head if she is so useless? Petra69
  • Score: 0

9:55am Mon 11 Mar 13

the wall says...

Petra69 wrote:
Yes scum. But if what the Head says is true why no insurance. That's irresponsibility on the part of her and the Governers. Why is she still the head if she is so useless?
FFS! most schools and college don't insure things because of the cost of replacement is cheaper than paying insurance every year. Plus most IT equipment is on a lease. It has been like this for over 30 years.

Comprende?
[quote][p][bold]Petra69[/bold] wrote: Yes scum. But if what the Head says is true why no insurance. That's irresponsibility on the part of her and the Governers. Why is she still the head if she is so useless?[/p][/quote]FFS! most schools and college don't insure things because of the cost of replacement is cheaper than paying insurance every year. Plus most IT equipment is on a lease. It has been like this for over 30 years. Comprende? the wall
  • Score: 0

4:05am Tue 12 Mar 13

Petra69 says...

the wall wrote:
Petra69 wrote:
Yes scum. But if what the Head says is true why no insurance. That's irresponsibility on the part of her and the Governers. Why is she still the head if she is so useless?
FFS! most schools and college don't insure things because of the cost of replacement is cheaper than paying insurance every year. Plus most IT equipment is on a lease. It has been like this for over 30 years.

Comprende?
Good man your wall is thick. What's the relevance of its on lease and insurance. It should still be insurerd. You are one thick prat
[quote][p][bold]the wall[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Petra69[/bold] wrote: Yes scum. But if what the Head says is true why no insurance. That's irresponsibility on the part of her and the Governers. Why is she still the head if she is so useless?[/p][/quote]FFS! most schools and college don't insure things because of the cost of replacement is cheaper than paying insurance every year. Plus most IT equipment is on a lease. It has been like this for over 30 years. Comprende?[/p][/quote]Good man your wall is thick. What's the relevance of its on lease and insurance. It should still be insurerd. You are one thick prat Petra69
  • Score: 0

10:25am Tue 12 Mar 13

the wall says...

Petra69 wrote:
the wall wrote:
Petra69 wrote:
Yes scum. But if what the Head says is true why no insurance. That's irresponsibility on the part of her and the Governers. Why is she still the head if she is so useless?
FFS! most schools and college don't insure things because of the cost of replacement is cheaper than paying insurance every year. Plus most IT equipment is on a lease. It has been like this for over 30 years.

Comprende?
Good man your wall is thick. What's the relevance of its on lease and insurance. It should still be insurerd. You are one thick prat
Listen mongtard.

If it's under lease the lease company have insurance. If the schools buy them and insure them the bill would run into millions of £s for school insurance. Where would a school get that money from?

This is the basics of how schools run things. Maybe you should go back to your retard school to lick the windows clean.

My wall needs to be thick to keep out the mongtarded mouth breathers like yourself that don't have the basic idea of how schools have run things like this for well over 30 years.
[quote][p][bold]Petra69[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the wall[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Petra69[/bold] wrote: Yes scum. But if what the Head says is true why no insurance. That's irresponsibility on the part of her and the Governers. Why is she still the head if she is so useless?[/p][/quote]FFS! most schools and college don't insure things because of the cost of replacement is cheaper than paying insurance every year. Plus most IT equipment is on a lease. It has been like this for over 30 years. Comprende?[/p][/quote]Good man your wall is thick. What's the relevance of its on lease and insurance. It should still be insurerd. You are one thick prat[/p][/quote]Listen mongtard. If it's under lease the lease company have insurance. If the schools buy them and insure them the bill would run into millions of £s for school insurance. Where would a school get that money from? This is the basics of how schools run things. Maybe you should go back to your retard school to lick the windows clean. My wall needs to be thick to keep out the mongtarded mouth breathers like yourself that don't have the basic idea of how schools have run things like this for well over 30 years. the wall
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree