Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Faulty toaster sparks Northfleet flat blaze
A MAN was rescued from a Northfleet flat after fire broke out in the early hours of Saturday (March 2) morning.
Two fire engines were called to Black Eagle Drive at shortly before 1.30am.
Crews broke into the maisonette and rescued the man from the kitchen blaze, believed to be have been sparked by a faulty toaster.
The man was given first aid and oxygen at the scene.