A CABBIE claims an angry traffic warden thumped him on the head with his ticketing machine in Bexleyheath.

Forty-two-year-old Alieu Bah, a driver for Broadway Express, was collecting an elderly passenger from Albion Surgery, in Pincott Road, when he says the warden attacked him.

According to Mr Bah, the traffic warden was issuing him with the second £110 parking ticket in consecutive days when he was stopped outside the surgery on February 15.

With no sign of his 11am pick-up outside, Mr Bah says he went inside to find her and by the time he came out, a ticket was being issued to his blue Vauxhall minicab.

Mr Bah, who lives in Bramble Mews, Gravesend, told News Shopper: "I said why are you doing this to me? I was pleading to him, saying ‘don’t do that’ but he said I have already issued it.

"I was pleading, saying please, please, please. I was standing in front of him. I was right in front of the car.

"We started to argue and then with the machine he was using to issue the ticket, he just whacked me on my head.

"When he whacked me I fell down.

"It was on the side of my head, above my eye."

Mr Bah says a passer-by then intervened before police were called.

While en-route to Bexleyheath police station to give a statement, Mr Bah says he started to feel dizzy.

He explained: "They called me an ambulance and I went to Darent Valley Hospital.

"They gave me some tablets and said I don’t need to work at the minute and should stay at home."

Mr Bah, who serves passengers across north Kent and Bexley, was later signed off work for 10 days by doctors.

He added: "I have to pay rent and I’m self-employed.

"I have a lot of things to pay.

"I can’t understand why this guy can use what he uses to work to hit somebody.

"I don’t know if he doesn’t like the work he is doing but he is too aggressive.

"Something is wrong somewhere."

A Bexley Police spokesman confirmed officers "are dealing with an allegation of two assaults" and that "it is currently an ongoing investigation."

A Bexley Council spokeswoman added: "There was an incident which is currently subject to a police investigation, so it is not appropriate to comment further."