Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Gravesend garage fire in Codrington Crescent puts man in hospital
A FIRE in a Gravesend garage put a man in hospital with smoke inhalation last night (January 18).
Thames Side crews were called to the blaze in the building attached to a semi-detached home in Codrington Crescent at around 8.08pm.
They arrived to find the house smoke-logged from the fully developed fire the heat and fumes from which caused severe damage to the kitchen.
While the blaze was fought a fan was brought into the hallway to clear the house of smoke.
The man taken to hospital discovered the fire and was one of three occupants of the house at the time crews arrived.
They did not make it back to station in Coldharbour Road until after 10pm last night.
The fire is believed to have been caused accidentally.